Today’s Kentucky Region takes us to the capital city area. It’s a surprisingly lengthy list for Frankfort being a smaller capital city.
- Constitution Square Historic Site: This town square area includes three buildings from the areas founding.
- Great American Dollhouse Museum: This sounds like a fun, quirky adventure.
- Capital City Museum: This gives an overview of the state’s history.
- Daniel Boone’s Grave: See the resting place of this famous frontiersman.
- Kentucky State Capitol: Capitol buildings are always a must see on my list.
- Old State Capitol: I always enjoy comparing the old buildings to those in use today.
- Toyota Factory Tour and Environmental Education Center: I’m sure this would be very interesting to see.
- Mary Todd Lincoln House: This is where Mary Todd grew up.
- Thoroughbred Heritage Horse Farm Tours: A chance to see where racing horses are bred and trained.
- National Softball Museum: I’ve never been a huge softball fan, but I’m sure this would still be interesting.
All attractions found in the 2018 Kentucky Tourism Guide.