This region focuses on a mountain area of Kentucky.
- Kentucky Coal Museum: This museum features 4 levels of coal mining history.
- Kingdom Come State Park: This is the highest state park in Kentucky and offers scenic views.
- Cumberland Falls State Resort Park: This park features the “Niagara of the South,” and is apparently impressive to visit during a full moon to view a Moonbow.
- Mountain Life Museum: Come here to check out what life was like for pioneers in the mountains of Kentucky.
- Cumberland Gap National Historic Park: On my list due to it being in the National Park Passport, but I’ve heard it’s also quite beautiful.
- Natural Bridge State Resort Park: This park gives you the chance to view a natural sandstone arch.
All attractions found in the 2018 Kentucky Travel Guide.