Today we make our way to Mississippi for the Bucket List series! This will be the first in five posts for this series. Since we just came from Florida in the Bucket List series, lets start with Mississippi’s Coastal Region!
- “Beauvoir”- Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library: Home to the first and only president of the Confederacy, I find it fascinating that he has his own presidential library.
- Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum- I always love visiting maritime museums, but this was has the added intrigue of seafood industry.
- Fort Massachusetts: This fort was built during the War of 1812
- deGrummond Children’s Literature Collection: I love children’s literature and this is one of North America’s leading research centers dealing with it.
- Waveland Ground Zero Hurricane Museum: This museum shows what it’s like to live in a hurricane zone and the recovery efforts people put into rebuilding the towns they’ve grown to love
Of course there are many beaches to check out in the area as well!
All attractions found in either the 2017 or 2018 Mississippi Travel Guides.