This will be the final installment in the Florida regional Bucket Lists. From here we will move on to Mississippi! But first, a little tour through North Florida!
- Falling Waters State Park: This park features Florida’s tallest waterfall
- Bulow Plantation Ruins Historic State Park: See the remains of a sugar mill
- Devil’s Millhopper Geological State Park: You can take stairs into a sink hole to experience a miniature rain forest.
- Historic Haile Homestead: This old plantation is known for it’s “talking walls.”
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens: I always love zoos and this one boasts a “walking safari.”
- Gulf Speciman Marine Laboratory: This is a place where you can interact with native North Florida sea life in touch tanks.
Panama City Beach
- St. Andrews State Park: This claims to have one of the world’s best beaches with emerald waters.
- National Naval Aviation Museum: This is a museum that I figured Andrew would find interesting.
- Pensacola Lighthouse: Time to visit a lighthouse!
- Forest Capital Museum State Park: This museum shows the history of forestry in the area.
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm: This seems like a fun way to see Florida’s most famous native species.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum: We love visiting lighthouses and maritime museums also always prove to be interesting.
- St. Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum: This sounds like an interesting way to get some history on the pirate lifestyle.
- Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth: Of course a visit to the legendary place is a must!
- Colonial Quarter: This gives an adventure tour of our nation’s oldest city.
- Historic Tour of Flager College: This architectural tour takes you through the Old Hotel Ponce de Leon, one of the area’s finest resorts back in the day
St. George Island
- Cape Saint George Lighthouse: Another lighthouse to explore
- Apalachicola Maritime Museum: This museum claims to be hands-on which is what I love in a good museum!
- Florida Historic Capitol Museum: Of course old capitols are always worth checking out.
- Museum of Florida History: I’m sure this would give us a nice overview of the history of the state
All attractions were found in Florida’s 2018 Travel Guide.