The next installment of the Florida Bucket Lists takes us to the south region. This is an area I’ve never visited before but can’t wait to given they have 3 National Parks in the area.
- Port Boca Grande Lighthouse and Museum: A lighthouse to check out!
- Mixon Fruit Farms: This sounds like a fun way to explore some of Florida’s fruit groves via a tram tour.
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates: How much fun would it be to check out these two estates from people who changed history!
- Biscayne National Park: This park is known for it’s underwater portions. Take out a kayak or spend some time snorkeling!
- Coral Castle: This looks like a unique roadside stop.
- Everglade National Park: This has been on my bucket list for years! I’d love to see some gators in the wild!
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum: Another lighthouse to check out!
- Dry Tortugas National Park: This fort is actually located out in the ocean off of Key West and can only be reached by boat tour or sea plane. It’s supposed to have really great snorkeling!
- Harry S. Truman Little White House Museum: Having visited the Truman presidential library in Missouri, this seems like it would be interesting to visit.
- Key West Aquarium: Another aquarium which we all know I love visiting!
- Dolphin Research Center: This seems like a fun way to see dolphins and sea lions up close. Plus you can also choose to add on swimming with the dolphins if you want.
- Burger Museum: This sounds like a quirky roadside stop
- Miami Seaqurium: Another opportunity to visit an aquarium!
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens: This seems a little pricey but also sounds like a fun way to get up close to flamingos!
- Stonewall National Museum: I think this would be an important historical and educational stop.
West Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Zoo and Conservatory: I’ve had plenty of aquariums listed on my Florida lists, but this is one of the few zoos I’ve found!
All attractions have been found in Florida’s 2018 Travel Guide. Tune in next week for North Florida!