This is the final installment of our Alabama Bucket List series. All attractions were found in the 2018 Alabama Travel Guide.
- Russell Cave National Monument: Another sites for our National Park Passport
- Muscle Shoals National Heritage Area: This area was created to preserve the music, Native American heritage and Tennessee River in the area.
- Little River Canyon National Preserve: This looks like a beautiful waterfall filled area.
- Noccalula Falls Park: This park is home to a 90 ft waterfall
- High Falls Park: Another waterfall! This one has a pedestrian bridge over it.
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center: Museum dedicated to the U. S. space program
- Jesse Owens Memorial Park and Museum: A museum dedicated to the barrier breaking athlete.
- Dismals Canyon: This is a National Natural Landmark and one of a few places where an insect called dismalites can be found.
- Unclaimed Baggage Center: This is where all lost luggage goes to be sold after the search for it’s owners go incomplete.
- Ivy Green: Helen Keller’s Birthplace and Home
- Rattlesnake Saloon: This is another restaurant, which I don’t normally include on a list, but this one was too unique to pass up as it’s located under a giant rock.
That’s all for Alabama folks. Stay tuned for either Florida or Mississippi next. Not sure which travel guide will reach me first!