Heading west from our last bucket list post, we have reached Georgia’s Historic High Country which also features those wonderful Appalachian Mountains. Here you can also find important sites linked to the Civil Warm and American Indians.
This list is significantly smaller than the last region, but still has some great things I’d love to check out!
- The Tater Patch Farm: Living in the Midwest I’ve visited plenty of orchards during my life, but I’ve never been anywhere that let me pick my own potatoes. I love potatoes, so I think this definitely needs to be on my list!
- Jacks River Falls: Another beautiful waterfall located among the Chattahoochee National Forest which extends into both this region and the Northeast Mountains.
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park: For those who don’t already know me, especially if you’ve just started following this blog, I love National Park Sites! I have one of those fancy National Park Passports to get stamped at each place so naturally this is a must. Plus its the nation’s oldest National Military Park!
- Rock City Garden: Ok I’ll admit it….I’ve been here twice already. Both on the way to Florida for family Disney vacations. But this place while it is touristy is also beautiful and filled with whimsical imagination. And when you reach the highest point along the trail you can see 7 states when the weather is clear. (Visited Summer 2001 and 2005)
- Cloudland Canyon State Park: A giant gorge and waterfalls! Plus there’s also a disc golf course and cave tours! It’s got everything you could ask for in a state park!
- Berry College Water Wheel: located on Mount Berry campus. It’s picturesque. Plus I could say I’ve been to Rome!
- Veterans Memorial and Medal of Honor Park: A great tribute to our veterans and also a monument to 9/11.
Again of course this list does not contain everything. Give a shout out as to what other suggestions you may have in the area. Follow me on Instagram at sitesandbitesjournal for up to date adventures!
Suggestions pulled from Georgia’s 2017 Travel guide.